Amanda's (a penny for your) thoughts

"I can't believe it................That is why you fail."                "Take you to him I will." 

"It's one of those days when you learn to fly...with broken wings"

 

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Closet Republican in Houston

I really want to write today about how tired I am of being called names by Democrats here in Houston. I thought Democratic supporters were in favor of free speech and fairness. My co-workers keep staying " Oh, whoa is me, Bush, four more years." Regardless of how bad it could get with Kerry, I ask them how bad is it really now? You have food. You have a great job. You have that free speech that you seem so willing to fight for. What I ask is "What has been so bad about the past few years?" I am sure I would get a collective whine of "wrong war, wrong this, wrong that." Heard enough of that from your spokesperson himself.
The other thing I want to be see less of (or not at all) is the bipartisan mudslinging and stereo-typing. Sorry to say I am guilty of this as well. I see so many anti-Bush people putting all Bush supporters/Republicans down. One of my coworkers called me a "piece of s***" today because I am a Republican. Well her exact words were "Republicans are the reason the world is the way it is today. Republicans are a piece of s***." I kept my mouth shut. I really wanted to tell my co-workers how wrong they are. But I wont. The Proverbs say something to the effect of a fool opens his mouth and a wise man keeps his shut. I pray my time will come to stand up for what's right. Let's stop calling each other names in the sake of a political party. Please, let's stand up for freedom and fairness and not trash talk and bashing. Respect me and I will respect you. I lost respect for that woman who said that today. I need to think about that before I bash their party next time too.
All this said, I still would like to "come out of the closet" and represent. Would a "I'm a right wing nut job" sticker be appropriate? What about a W'04 for the lunch bag? Happy thoughts now as I go to sleep....Happy thoughts now as I go to sleep......