Amanda's (a penny for your) thoughts

"I can't believe it................That is why you fail."                "Take you to him I will." 

"It's one of those days when you learn to fly...with broken wings"

 

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Sick...

Well I've been battling sickness all week and I finally had to go to the doctor. ( And if you ever have a choice don't get sick on a weekend, it costs an arm and a leg) The diagnosis: Bronchitis, second time this year. I guess that comes with being a nurse; I've only had about five or six patients with pneumonia/bronchitis in the last week.
But looking at healthcare from a patient's perspective is a little different. I was able to see how much the patients have to wait around (I know this is because healthcare workers have too many patients to attend to but not all patients know this). I also saw how much it costs. Wow, since I didnt get sick enough yesterday, I paid 100 dollars to visit minor emergency. And that was with insurance!
All I can say is, I better feel well tomorrow.