Amanda's (a penny for your) thoughts

"I can't believe it................That is why you fail."                "Take you to him I will." 

"It's one of those days when you learn to fly...with broken wings"

 

Friday, December 17, 2004

Christmastime

In the stress of the last few weeks I have come to realize that you just can't do it all. I think women feel this crunch even more in this season since most are expected to bake, make crafts, wrap gifts, write Christmas cards,etc. And not to mention the moms who have so much to do during this month. When I think of how far behind I am on my "Christmas task list" I try to remember that is all for fun and I really want to do do this. I also have to remember that last weekend's sickness has delayed me but has reminded me that I do need to slow down some. So once again, I have to slow down and remember why I am doing all this anyway.
And one last gripe before I move on to my next post. One thing that needlessly stresses me is all the little "10-15 dollar" gifts for fun EVERYONE wants to exchange. Why can't we just get together, have a few snacks, go caroling, or here's a thought, do something together for someone else. I don't want or need another little piece of crap--I mean gift--to sit on my shelf. I need to remember this next year and suggest we do something creative for someone else instead of this annoying gift getting for every little Christmas party. Ok on to next post.