Amanda's (a penny for your) thoughts

"I can't believe it................That is why you fail."                "Take you to him I will." 

"It's one of those days when you learn to fly...with broken wings"

 

Monday, January 03, 2005

Matinee at the movies

I had a busy day today. I only slept about an hour and a half after work before going to church,where I also joined College Park Baptist Church officiallly, then I ate at Pappa's with some dear friends from church (Jessica Clower and the Turners). I then went to the First Colony Mall to hit the Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual sale. Then about five of us, Jessica and I included, took in an afternoon matinee of Phantom of the Opera. I was impressed. And yes I was correct Minnie Driver plays the very hilarious opera diva, Carlotta. The set is amazing. The cinematography is breathtaking. And the music is fabulous (translated stellar for Trevor). I give it an A+. I want to see the live showing now.
The rest of the evening was anticlimatic. Did some laundry at the Turners, while watching Law and Order with Jessica and trying to stay awake. Finally at my apartment, I am continuing my viewing the Return of the King Special Edition documentaries. The cast continues to amuse me with their antics. Apparently, Viggo Mortenson smacked one on Billy Boyd as the scene was filmed for Sam's wedding. Billy said, "I almost fell in love for a minute. Then I felt kind of sick....I couldn't look at Viggo for a few days."
Now I continue on with the first disc of ROTK. We shall see how much I accomplish tonight.