Amanda's (a penny for your) thoughts

"I can't believe it................That is why you fail."                "Take you to him I will." 

"It's one of those days when you learn to fly...with broken wings"

 

Thursday, March 31, 2005

No mistakes

Oh so many thoughts lately, and yes I did have fun over Easter. See my pics?
In my day to day life, I have been accused of thinking too hard. Have I? Some hard things have happened in my home town last week. Reminds me of how there are no accidents. Each day is not a chance encounter with eternity but a well orchestrated one. We can't be looking to blame or say "what we would do" in that circumstance. Truth is none of us can truly know until the rubber hits the road.
Its no mistake I am in Houston now, even though its tough. Its no mistake I have challenging patients---I have learned so much and will be a better nurse because of it. Its no mistake I am a small group leader of an amazing group of girls. I am learning so much there too. Its no accident I am dating a stellar and patient man. No, God works all things out for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28). I gotta know this on hard days too like Tuesday when I was so anxious to go into work I crawled back into bed. I do that sometimes when I am too overwhelmed, I crawl into bed and imagine God's arms around me loving me and telling me I am his own. I just gotta rest in him.