Amanda's (a penny for your) thoughts

"I can't believe it................That is why you fail."                "Take you to him I will." 

"It's one of those days when you learn to fly...with broken wings"

 

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Watch out!....for tires in the road

Another adventure in the life of Amanda, a tire in the road causes not ONE but TWO flat tires. It seems at least four other people ran over the same tire last night about 7:40 on the entrance ramp to 610 after South Main. I'm ok, at least thanks to two guys from my church, Ralph and Stacy. Oh and a man who also ran over the same tire, waiting on the wrecker. He actually changed the first tire while he was waiting on the wrecker, since the lugnuts were impossible to move. Thanks guys for all your help. You went above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks also to Ralph's wife, Lori and the "chain" of people rallied from the church to come to my aid. I almost changed one of the tires by myself but try as I might I could not loosen the lugnuts. We had fun times with a wrecker/tire repair guy named Alex who seems to have taken a few too many tire wrench hits to the head or something but seemed nice enough. Well I guess he had to do since he was the 24 hour tire guy we could find in all of Houston. Oh and one complaint from the whole situation, the DPS does jack squat to help unfortunate motorists like myself. Never saw one officer the whole time and as I said FOUR cars were stranded like myself. AND I called the Roadside Assistance number on the back of my driver's license. If you ever need help with a flat, forget it, not sure what they do help with but they can refer you to a wrecker. Thanks so much DPS, for NOTHING. Guess they are too busy issuing tickets and important stuff like that.
As of 10:30 this morning, I am the proud owner of two new tires. Amanda's wish list now includes: full AAA coverage, a four-way, and decent jack. Hopefully, tonight is a blissfully uneventful night at work. Running on little sleep....running on little sleep.