Amanda's (a penny for your) thoughts

"I can't believe it................That is why you fail."                "Take you to him I will." 

"It's one of those days when you learn to fly...with broken wings"

 

Friday, December 17, 2004

The Gift of Life (Part II)

(Ok a little while later)
I am reminded that I celebrate Christmas because of the ultimate gift of life. Jesus came to live a perfect life and to die so that I might have life. That sacrifice needs to be the driving force of my life during this season and always. I see many things that remind me of the beauty of this season, like the innocence of a child. (Check out Tiff's post on the 14th). I hope to remind my children in some way like Tiffany has of how we need to make Jesus the reason we celebrate. I am so thankful for the friends and family in my life, and the simple fact I have a job, a place to live. God has provided so well for me.
Isaiah 9: 6 says " For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
That baby grew, became a man ( Luke 2:52 (: and he became the man prophesized about in Isaiah 42:2 "He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets, a bruised reed he will not break and a smouldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice."
He brought that justice by shedding his blood for us on the Cross, making us pure before God. He closed the gap between us and God and gave us the gift of life.

"Sweet little Jesus boy, born a long time ago, sweet little holy child, didnt know who you were. Didnt know you came to save us, to take our sins away. Our eyes were blind, we could not see, didnt know it was you......The world treats you mean, Lord, treats me mean too. But that's how is down here. But please sir, forgive sir forgive us now, we didnt know it was you...didnt know it was you...."